By: Steve Bellamy On: July 24, 2012 In: Latest News Comments: 0

Telecoms regulator Ofcom has unveiled plans for the auction of fourth generation (4G) bandwidth for mobile phone services, but has said bidding will not start until early 2013.

The announcement will be seen as another delay.

Last year, the watchdog said it hoped to run the sale towards the end of 2012, after it was initially scheduled to take place early in 2012.

Ofcom now says it expects consumers to start getting services late next year.

The auction will sell chunks of radio spectrum to support future 4G mobile services, which will allow users to download data such as music and videos at much faster speeds.

Trackback URL: http://www.bellcom.org/new-delay-in-4g-mobile-auction/trackback/