Businesses now produce a phenomenal amount of data, and the ability to access and transfer this data easily is critical to the success of their business. Many businesses are finding that their normal broadband connections are no longer enough and instead are investing in Leased Lines.
The term ‘Leased Line’ has evolved in recent years, but essentially it refers to connectivity that is:
- Dedicated – so that unlike Broadband which is shared with up to 250 other users (contended) your bandwidth isn’t shared with any other users
- Symmetrical – meaning you enjoy the same download and upload speed. With broadband the focus is on the download speed, but where a business is seeing as much as 20Mb download, they may be getting less than 1Mb upload speed, causing congestion. A symmetrical solution is essential if your business is looking to deploy cloud applications such as Office 365 or SalesForce, or if your business works with large files.
- Subject to an enhanced Service Level Agreement,with agreed credit where an SLA is breached, meaning your business is protected from extended downtime – a major concern for any business.
At Bellcom Communications, to support businesses as they upgrade, we include the following as a standard part of any Leased Line:
- Freebest-of-breed Managed Router – typically Cisco or Draytek
- FreeInternet Backup – so in the event of downtime, your business is protected
- FreeNetwork Monitoring – to help you understand the health of your network
Our customers also benefit from our industry-leading SLA, offering up to 100% up time with a credit agreement of 1 day per 1 hour of downtime. What’s more, we round up the downtime to the nearest hour, meaning if you only experience 1 minute of downtime, you’ll still be credited for an hour.
If you are considering upgrading to a Leased Line, or wish to have a quotation, please contact a member of our team on 0203 393 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.